One of the oldest search engine optimization tools around is actually one of the few that is still effective. Sitemaps have been around as long as the Internet has been commercially available.
Basically, a standard sitemap is just a page that links to all of the pages on your website in a neatly categorized form. By having a sitemap, the search engines are able to immediately get a list of all the pages they need to index within your site.
By making this process easy on the search engines, you ensure getting your entire page properly indexed. Visit Adviatech’s sitemap page as an example at http://www.adviatech.com/sitemap/.
- Getting to Know Your Clients (July 12th, 2011)
- Is Your Business Social? (June 20th, 2011)
- Usability Testing Is The Final Step In SEO Marketing (March 10th, 2011)
- The Helping Hand of Time and Search Engine Optimization (December 6th, 2010)
- Linking Your Blog to LinkedIn (July 26th, 2010)