Over the next few weeks we are going to point out some irritating features found on certain websites. This week, it’s all about colors.
Do you know why black ink is still printed on white/off white paper even though colored printing is cheaply accessible? Because it’s easy to read. When you pick up a book, the text easily lifts off the page and allows you to focus on the words without effort. So if you are printing red text on a black background or white text on a soft gray background on your website, you are making your visitors work harder to understand your content.
Color is great for websites, but it should be included in graphics, page borders and other enhancing elements of the site; however when it comes to text, nothing is more refreshing than black and white.
- Getting to Know Your Clients (July 12th, 2011)
- Is Your Business Social? (June 20th, 2011)
- Usability Testing Is The Final Step In SEO Marketing (March 10th, 2011)
- The Helping Hand of Time and Search Engine Optimization (December 6th, 2010)
- Linking Your Blog to LinkedIn (July 26th, 2010)