A misconception among those involved in search engine optimization for their own websites is that news feeds will drastically help their search engine ranking. This is a partial fact.
It is true; using an RSS feed to bring in frequently updated content helps out a little. It offers a valuable benefit to your visitors as well as a minor benefit to your search engine ranking. However, for optimal performance, make sure your SEO company is always adding new original content to your website.
Another misconception is that your website needs to constantly be changing. That is not true. Your website needs to constantly be growing. Adding unique content (content you write or content written exclusively for your company) can achieve this element and ultimately make your website look more substantial, thus resulting in a better ranking.
- The Google Rankings Are Changing (December 15th, 2009)
- Google Blog Search (November 18th, 2009)
- Why You Should Be Blogging for Search Engine Optimization (September 9th, 2009)
- If Not MySpace, Where Should I Do Business Social Networking? (August 8th, 2009)
- Using Business Social Network Connect.Adviatech.com (June 17th, 2009)