Just as it helps to monitor your credit, it also helps to monitor your search engine credit. Google assigns a quality number to each website called Google Pagerank.
Your Pagerank number goes from 0 – being a new website or worthless website – to 10 being the absolute best. To give you an idea of the scale, Youtube.com and Wikipedia.org are Pagerank 9 websites. CNN is a Pagerank 10.
With that said, a healthy and realistic Pagerank goal for a business website is between 3 and 6. Keep in mind, your Pagerank number only changes a couple times a year so if your number is the same for several months into your search engine marketing, don’t be discouraged.
The tool will also estimate the number of links to your website with the backlink checker.
- Getting to Know Your Clients (July 12th, 2011)
- Is Your Business Social? (June 20th, 2011)
- Usability Testing Is The Final Step In SEO Marketing (March 10th, 2011)
- The Helping Hand of Time and Search Engine Optimization (December 6th, 2010)
- Linking Your Blog to LinkedIn (July 26th, 2010)