Perhaps the most overlooked search engine optimization technique is a little patience. The process of search engine optimization and search engine marketing is a progressive one. While Google has gotten a little better about quickly indexing your website’s changes, it’s the links that take a while to add up.
Link building is crucial to the success of your search engine marketing. But here is why it takes a little time.
Say that 40 websites start linking to your website. Google has to reindex all 40 of those websites before your website is credited for the links on those pages. This happens progressively over time. Which is why it is important to have multiple linking building strategies in place.
- Usability Testing Is The Final Step In SEO Marketing (March 10th, 2011)
- Creating Titles that are Optimized (January 25th, 2011)
- Improving Website Conversion Starts with a Contact Form (March 10th, 2010)
- City, State, or Nation: What to Optimize? (January 12th, 2010)
- Focusing you SEO on Top to Get on Top (January 8th, 2010)